Tuesday, January 6, 2009

15 Uses for paper clips

I'm sitting at my desk at work eating my lunch. I look at my Igloo lunch carrying device and realize that the zipper with the missing dangly bit is unacceptable. In a sudden flash of brilliance I reach into my desk drawer, pull out a paper clip and slide it on there. Works like a charm! This brings me to think, "What else do I use paper clips for?". The following list ensues:

1 - Fix Zipper
2 - Poking the reset button that is inside that little hole on so many electronic devices
3 - Getting that annoying seed out of teeth
4 - Fix a broken antenna by sticking a mostly unbent paper clip in the end of it
5 - Key ring
6 - Holding lots of other paper clips together
7 - A string of them makes a lovely necklace
8 - Combine with plastic drinking straws to make homemade tinker toys
9 - Pick a lock (Additional skill required)
10 - Use like a wire tie to hold...wires
11 - Straighten and throw like darts (If you're Bull'seye from Daredevil)
12 - Use inside clay as for a sculpting armature
13 - Scrape your (gang) name or oddly spelled words like LIMOZEEN into a number of different surfaces
14 - Teach kids about magnetism, static electricity, surface tension, or many other experiments
15 - I suppose you could keep multiple pieces of paper or fabric together, too

No comments: