Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Decked

For the last two nights I have slept in a tent on our deck with our oldest daughter, Lily. She's almost 4 and asked to sleep in there. She started out with a blanket and a pillow. I couldn't let that happen. So I folded an old comforter and a couple of serapes (Mexican blankets) under and added a down duvet on top. She thinks it's great! She asked me to sleep with her.... If we do it tonight, we're getting serious about what we're sleeping ON. I'm not sure if these old bones can handle another night sleeping on what amounts to a couple of planks. I'm a bit bony don't ya know. Ah, the things we do for our kids! At least camping will be a breeze. We have a short trip planned for the end of March. Not sure how the young one will do yet...I'll let ya know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any tips for camping with kids? I have a 4 and 2 year old and we really have not done the tent thing yet...we have a tent but haven't taken the plunge and are wondering how difficult it is to camp with the 2 young ones.

I read your wife's blog daily, love it....so glad to see you doing it too!

Mark said...

We took the girls camping when they were 1 and 3. It was okay for the first day. We ended up leaving early. The hardest part is probably sleeping. Naps are hard to come by. Sleeping in the tent in the living room might be a good idea. Even having a little picnic to go with it. I think 4 and 2 will take to it pretty well, though. Just keep it relatively short the first time or two.