Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Who knew?

Okay, so I've realized that sleeping on the deck for a couple of days has resulted in something a little unexpected. My back feels great! I've had a lower back/hip problem for the last several years. I've tried different mattresses, memory foam, chiropractic care, stretching and strengthening. Turns out, I just needed to sleep on a plank. Sometimes the solution to a problem is 180 degrees from your instincts or your socially programmed reaction. I think, perhaps, I need to try applying this to other areas of my life. We'll see how it goes.
Just saw the movie "300". What a visually stunning gory and bloody mess. Short on story. Big on sweaty, ripped man bodies. A few women thrown in there for good measure and a nemesis who must be the bigger twin brother of the antagonist from "Stargate", complete with funky voice. No twists, no turns, very simple story. Small army of battle zealots versus large army of various disciplines. You know at the beginning what's going to happen, and it does. Rating **

No comments: